Friday, February 7, 2014

Personalized Baby Blocks- A Baby Gift


I saw this post over at Lookie What I did Blog and I think it's just too cute, would love to do this the next time someone has a baby! Stop on by her blog and take a look! :)



I have been waiting to make the perfect baby gift for my friend's cousin and when I came across these cute blocks over at Brown Paper Packages and I knew that this was exactly what I wanted to make. I love it when I can get inspired from another blog and her blog is chalk full of amazing ideas. If you have never visited Kierste's blog, please go to Brown Paper Packages as soon as you can. You will be amazed at her creativity!

Here are the blocks I made...finished, packaged and ready for delivery...


Here is what you will need to make these cute baby blocks...

Blocks (Any Size)
Vinyl
Spray Paint
Sandpaper
Metal Flower (or any other embellishment)

Here are the blocks before they were painted...



I used Rust-Oleum Painters Touch in Sweet Pea and Green Apple. This spray paint is the best spray paint I have ever used. It provides great coverage and doesn't run...I get mine at Home Depot and there are so many colors to choose from too!


Blocks after two coats of spray paint...


I used my Cricut to cut out the vinyl and I used the Songbird Cartridge.

Here are the blocks after applying the vinyl and gluing the metal flower I spay painted with the Sweet Pea color. I aslo distressed the blocks with a 100 grit sand paper. 


As Ella gets older, she can just take away a couple of the blocks and just have her name in her room...


This was a super easy project and I am so thankful I saw Kierste's blog to get the inspiration. I packaged these cute blocks up with some clear cellophane and pretty bow. I know that any new Mom would love to have these blocks as a gift!
















No comments:

Post a Comment